How to choose a travel insurance?
The holidays are coming closer and you want them to be stress-free? Whether you’re taking a long holiday abroad or a mini-break on the Belgian coast, travel insurance is your best option. Generally speaking, insurance coverage is not always easy to understand. So here is some useful information to help you out.
To begin with, a good travel insurance must provide you with essential coverage such as:
- Emergency medical expenses: in some countries, medical care can be very expensive. Do make sure that your travel insurance provides an adequate level of coverage for your medical and dental emergencies, when away from home.
- Travel assistance: in the event of a medical problem and if the facilities in your country of destination are not able to guarantee optimal patient care, you will need repatriation coverage. Travel insurance can also cover the search and rescue efforts for a missing person, keeping you safe in case of a critical event (civil war, natural disaster, etc.), and provide legal assistance. And, of course, cover the expenses such situations can generate.
- Civil liability: a must-have in the event of personal injury or material damage to a third party, as in some countries this can cost a great deal of money.
To select the travel insurance that is best for you, you need to compare the various quotes, and especially:
- the limits on coverage of medical expenses
- the procedures for filing a claim and compensation procedures
- the availability of assistance in the event of an emergency during your stay
- the formalities required in the event of hospitalisation
- the geographical area and number of countries covered by the travel insurance
- the exclusions and limits in the various policies
With Qover-me, you can design the coverage that best meets your requirements: you get first a comprehensive transparent package that you can complete with “à la carte” add-ons protections. Supplementary coverage is available for accidents (compensation in the event of the disability or death of the insured person), loss of or damage to baggage or even trip cancellation (which also covers inability to leave and early return).
Find more information on our packages and options:
- For a single trip of up to 60 days: Tempo Travel Insurance
- For all regular trips of less than 6 months: Multi-Trips Travel Insurance
- For a long stay over 6 months: Long Trip Travel Insurance
Click below to find the insurance that suits you. Don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about our travel insurance.Find my insurance